Account Manager Sales
Department: Inside Merchandise Sales Reports To: Sales Manager Email: email@example.com
Responsible for maintaining and increasing sales volume with each of your assigned accounts while maintaining gross profit at expected levels in a telesales environment. Other responsibilities include growing your account base by garnering new customers for DHPI. You will be selling dental supplies, dental equipment and dental practice solutions to mainly dental professionals nationwide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform high volume sales calls to clients identified on an account prospect list. Some accounts are actively purchasing from DHPI but the majority being inactive or lost accounts.
- Conduct cold calls to dental offices and create interest in DHPI on a daily basis.
- 80 dial attempts are required per day until a set sales level is reached.
- Provide price quotes, samples and other services per customer request.
- Establish a regular and penetrative call schedule with existing customers and prospects using Outlook Task Manager.
- Sell DHPI products and services.
- Service client needs such as returns and credits.
- Show increases in sales volume and client base prescribed by the established goals and review with the Sales Manager on a monthly basis.
- Required to maintain an average of three hours of telephone time per day until such time the monthly sales volume is in excess of $40,000.00 per month.
- Complete online product training routinely and comprehend the differences of comparable SKU’s.
- Research competitor offerings and maintain a general knowledge of the dental industry.
- Obtain a general understanding of how DHPI products are used by the customers.
- Attend tradeshows upon the request of the Sales Manager.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Experience selling in the B2B market. A degree in communications or business is preferred. Prior telephone sales experience preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low. A specific job duty that may be affected by the environmental conditions may be talking to customers on the telephone.
Attendance and punctuality are critical to the performance of this job. Must be able to follow through and remain determined and focused on achieving the sales goals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.