Outside Account Manager Sales
Department: Outside Merchandise Sales Reports To: National Field Sales Manager Email: email@example.com
Outside Merchandise Account Manager are primarily responsible for managing the relationship of the account base. They sell dental supplies and equipment to customers by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Websites, and other sources.
- Sells DHPI products and services.
- Studies data describing new products to develop sales approach.
- Compiles data on equipment and supplies preferred by customers.
- Travel through assigned territory on a consistent basis to call on regular and prospective
- customers to solicit orders, or talk with customers by phone on a regular basis.
- Co-travels with manufacture partners to accounts and prospects for demonstrations, staff
- training and building sales opportunities.
- Present new products and promotions.
- Works closely with existing company departments (e.g. marketing, equipment, service,
- etc.) to promote DHPI goals, initiatives and policies.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares order forms for orders obtained.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Attends local tradeshows.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.